<  Workshop  ~  Teh Kee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:28 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
I have actually done stuff on the kee.

Yeah.

I'm pretty sure about the stuff I want to do to it now, it's passed it's probation with me so I will be keeping it for a while now.

The great news is that it looks like the cool guys over at Rockz & Rutz are going to help me fit the 2" lift kit at their technical day on the 20th. Also selling the Mini (should be gone tomorrow) will open up the funds for sorting the Kee out with some essentials.

You could argue that doing anything with the Kee during my career transition is a little foolish but Joey and me were genuinely gutted when we realized we couldn't make the Shropshire laning day and feel the Jeep could unlock some fun outings in the future.

So what's happening then, well the other day I debadgered it, ripped all the stickers and emblems off it. Not the Cookies&Java ones of course. But the thing is plastered in bling as standard, I've even taken the Jeep logo off the front.

Plus I've started spraying two-tone, yes, two-tone, I'm spraying the arches bumpers, side bumpers ect satin black like the 4i was. I'm doing this with good old VHT Barrel Paint but have run out so waiting for more to arrive.

I've also ordered some wheels and tyres. 15x8 chrome american steels with 31x10.5x15 Cooper STT tyres. So the plan is on the day of the lift I'll swap the wheels over too.

I still need to fit the CB but still can't find it, I will try and get a bracket and aerial on soon though.

Here are the pics of it today, you can see the satin finish on the back arch.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:10 pm
User avatarJoeyannePosts: 6454Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:00 am
Satin finish looks really great.

I hadn't noticed the Jeep logo had gone, you shouldn't have mentioned it as I miss it now!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:22 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Yeah I thought you'd winge about that going

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:40 pm
User avatarBiggest Nappy EvaPosts: 6922Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
ooo, the satin looks brilliant! That works so well.

Liking the de-badging too. Are you going 'road warrior' with it, what with the CB and all?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:14 am
Yeah a bit road warrior :mrgreen:

But then also with the choice of wheels and tyres it will be what the American off roaders call a 'mall crawler' as they are a bit posey.

I'm a big fan of satin black on 4x4's - to me it's quite utilitarian yet modern and suggests protection. Also when I scuff an arch or bumper I can just spray over the damage.

A CB is a useful thing to have when laning too so the convoy can communicate. I really do need to get some recovery gear though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:21 am
User avatarItsukiPosts: 4790Location: TeanJoined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:00 am
Looking sweet as a nut my friend - loving teh barrel paintz, I bought some excellent stuff called Fast Black from PJ1 I think? Amazing stuff - takes a while to dry but you can't scratch it with screwdrivers afterwards! Comes in satin too...

Looks a lot cooler without the outer bling on it I have to say... can't wait to see it with a huge CB aerial wiggling around on it :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:08 pm
Cheers Daws, glad you approve.

I haven't had any experience of PJ1 but it sounds great, I'll try the Barrel Paint for now but something more durable would be even better.

These are the wheels I have ordered (with plain center caps not Crager ones)

And these are the tyres (Mine will have white outlined lettering)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:10 pm
Better image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:59 am
Another can of barrel pain arrived yesterday and I managed to get a coat on most of the Jeep, still more to do but you can see the overall effect now. The grill and light surrounds came off dead easy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:00 am
BTW the whole can ran out yesterday, didn't seem to last long at all.

I'm after some clear indicators at the front under the headlights.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:20 pm
Mudz plz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:38 pm
User avatarJoeyannePosts: 6454Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:00 am
Wow they look ace. Can't wait to see them on the Jeep. :banana:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:45 pm
I just hope Sunday goes OK!

Glad you like them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 143Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:44 pm
If you're getting your car pimped, aren't you supposed to jget a rapper or DJ, ump around like a mad tosser pretending to be black, shouting words like 'Dog' and 'Sick' and 'That is Phat'?

I'm watching Pimp My Ride at the mo if you can't tell...

Nice wheels mate, whats next after that? Bull bar with shitloads of fog lights?

I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...
Offline Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:23 pm
User avatarPosts: 1137Location: Cheadle/Leamington SpaJoined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:00 am
Going to look fucking ace dude!