<  Workshop  ~  109K's Week o' Work

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:49 pm
User avatarPosts: 1137Location: Cheadle/Leamington SpaJoined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:00 am
good work old, chap, have you tried jenvey for trumpets dude, they do wdcoe type bolt on trumpets in various sizes and lengths. How did you decide on the venturi? if you want not step or a smaller ste fit a bigge rid venturi if you can

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:47 pm
User avatarItsukiPosts: 4790Location: TeanJoined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:00 am
Sorted with the trumpets now cheers Pies, well, sort of sorted. One now fits like a glove but t'other is pisstakingly out of tolerances so will send that back and get another one. That one should arrive Thursday, so it will be a case of thwacking it into the Weber, covering it in my filter and snorting off down the road. Hopefully.

Not much exciting happened this evening - just fettling, plumbing and oiling everything up, should be finishing all that off tomo night and then really its just the Weber and this pain in the arse exhaust to sort out. But that -is- going on... its loud :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:53 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Dawson wrote:
Not much exciting happened this evening - just fettling, plumbing and oiling everything up,

After that did you get round to any work on the Spitfire?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:54 pm
DIRTY PIG!
You had to bring the tone down didn't you Walley, hmmm?! HMMM!?!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:57 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Sorry thought you were on about one of your old cameras.

Not sure how that's dirty though? Were you thinking of something else.

Is it you who is the dirty pig?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:04 pm
I ran it through Babel Fish's Walley to English translation, it told me all I needed to know. Now talk about cars or shush :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:08 pm
User avatarHulkaruthersPosts: 5017Location: London, The SouthJoined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:00 am
Dawson thinks everyone and everything is a dirty pig - it's replaced scrub in his vocab... and he uses it like a virgin priest...

Offline Profile E-mail WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:09 pm
User avatarPosts: 1137Location: Cheadle/Leamington SpaJoined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:00 am
who's this wench of your daws anyway?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:21 pm
JC wrote:
and he uses it like a virgin priest...

Are we talking about the phrase or is that just a general observation about his -you know what-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:29 pm
User avatarHulkaruthersPosts: 5017Location: London, The SouthJoined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:00 am
Just about the phrase - he calls me a dirty pig if I admire a womans bust... though oddly he gets away with it...

Daws' wench - I know all... I even gave her a nick name which he now uses - even though I claim copyright and royalties...

Offline Profile E-mail WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:39 pm
User avatarPosts: 2363Location: ManchesterJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
her nickname? The deaf blind mute?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:13 am
Here we go... James's claim to fame... :P She has more than one nickname anyway, lol!

I'm saying nothing, apart from that she is not a deaf blind mute thanks Gaz :cry:

*retains the air of mystery*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:59 am
JC wrote:
Daws' wench - I know all... I even gave her a nick name which he now uses - even though I claim copyright and royalties...

I suspect there is only probably yourself and Scott who alowed to enter that bubble of knowledge.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:32 pm
What is it with this car...

Found out tonight that the flexible pipe I asked for and picked up from Burton isn't 1" 5/8 but 1" 3/4.

Bastards... this exhaust will never get done...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:40 pm
She runs!!!!

Just.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Car is back ont road now, there's just one painful and poo problem. The car splutters as soon as the secondary jets on the Weber are supposed to kick in. It's still driveable, its just the unholy snort that the new manifold has unleashed can't really be heard: as soon as you put your foot down all you get is a SHNORRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRB. Most poo.
I shall continue to shout at the Weber until it works anyway, and this week should be booking it in for a wallet-raping tune and getting the exhaust on.