<  Workshop  ~  Pog's Projects

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:55 am
User avatarPosts: 2743Location: RUSTJoined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:00 am
A quick updated on what going down at chez Pog.....

Was hoping to have my wheels re-furbed in the next couple of weeks but have just had to lash out for a new clutch master & slave. Boo! At least I can get first gear now :shock:
Wheels will have to wait until next month. Adjustable coil-overs on hold until about 2010.

Our £51 eBay spesh is now on it's final choice of wheels... My mate is currently machining up some new centres for them, as some numpty had tried to prise the old ones off with a screwdriver.

Land Rover - currently residing at my dad's mates workshop... when I get 5 mins I need to work out what is original 1958 stuff and what is later additions!

Disastra - has developed YET ANOTHER clonking noise from the steering / suspension departments. FFS!. Also continues to piss water over the passenger footwell due to fucked heater. I hate this car so much now it's untrue. I just want shot of it, but unfortunatley as it now worth about £4.68 on a good day, that means I will have to put my hand in my pocket to buy Mrs Pog something else.... :cry:

Oh and I've been spending a bit of time helping my mate out with this:

A particularly foul 1980 Mini City, which he's decided to tackle as his first project. Oh dear! It's rust rust and more rust! A-panels, floors, subframe all fooked. We stripped it all out yesterday to assess the work required - it could be a long & messy job this one. :cry: [/img]

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:39 am
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Love the dishy Beamer rimmage nick!

That mini looks like a bridge too far to me. Good ones are fetching big money now though so might pay to have the body sorted professionally.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:35 pm
With the mini, all the cardinal sins were committed.... bought 'blind' off eBay and collected in the dark, it was only yesterday when the full horrors were revealed! :shock:

The bits you see in the pic are by far the most horrible areas of the car.
Structurally, it isn't too terrible (for a mini). The floor in the back needs replacing, there's a small hole in the boot floor, in the o/s outer wing, and the horror of that a-panel... but what we can see of the bulkhead, inner wings, sills etc. seems fairly sound. My friend who owns the car is a sheet metal engineer by trade, so alot of his work skills will be transferrable.

Mechanically the car is pretty much spot on.

The aim is roadworthy-ness before christmas, then in the new year start trying to squeeze some extra powah from the 998. :cry:

Those deep-dish rims on the blue beemer were a mega-bargain I reckon... £50 including OK-ish (I.e. legal) tyres. They're TSW Omega's which you don't see very often. Most folk thought I was mad for fitting TSW wheels, as they are mostly very 'chav', but the desired result was achieved :dance:

This is how they look with the caps on:
Still needs to be lower :roll:

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:40 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
I think TSW might make the wheels for Aston Martin.

Those looks the bollyfrollocks anyway, I think I looked at the Omegas when I wanted a Mk2 Golf in my foolish years. £50 is bagain-a-licous

You had a go in the mini yet?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:52 am
w00000t!

The mighty leviathan stirs!!!

After nearly 3 months the Crusty LandRover from Hell is not only running, but driving starting stopping AND HAS AN MOT!!!!!

I'm off to play in the mud at 3mph until springtime!
Joyfoldloadyload oh yes.

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:49 pm

Wow. what a machine.

You don't so much drive it but 'captain' it, as one would a boat.
Has the same turning circle as the 'ark royal' too.
Phenomenally slow & ponderous, but one suspects it would trundle to the top of a mountain in 3rd gear without breaking a sweat.

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:57 pm
User avatarPosts: 1497Location: Swindon, WiltsJoined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:00 am
the most important question....

[I]does the flashy light work?[/I] :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:57 pm
Yes it does!!!! :bow:

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:41 pm
User avatarItsukiPosts: 4790Location: TeanJoined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:00 am
WOW! Is that not like your rat dream come true Pog?! It looks so like its trundled out of a barn, proper indestructable! I am in awe :D
Did you manage to offroad it? You should bring it hup Narth to beat Walley's Weaver Hill Touge, although it would probably take you about 3 days :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:54 pm
LOL!

That's basically how it goes. It even went to the MoT test still with all the bits of wood, old oil containers, random pieces of scrap metal etc. in the back that were in it 'as found'....

It is pretty 'jeepers creepers' really. I'm hoping to get hold of an old-fashioned towing jib for the back as well because that would rule.

This is proper rat-look. None of this fake 'distressing' etc. here. Just hard-as nails attitude.

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:06 am
A jeepers creepers horn is needed

HWAAAAAAAAAAAA HWAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 228Location: Button MoonJoined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:27 pm
The red E30 is gorgeous, what engine is it, a couple of lads I know have e30`s an what awesome drift machines they make!!!!!!! :D

That looks a very tidy example

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:17 pm
The red one is a 318iS.... which has the M42 engine (16 valve twincam) as later fitted to the lard-arse e36 models.

It's not hugely powerful... after the few little tweaks it's had should be giving about 140-145 bhp. Not alot, but then it only weighs just over a ton, so it's not a huge problem. I'm a jessie tart and don't go that fast anyhow!

The beauty of this model is that it has better weight distribution than the 325i and is almost as quick... point to point it's prolly quicker... that's why they gat decribed as the 'poor mans M3' :)

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:34 pm
Posts: 228Location: Button MoonJoined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:27 pm
pogweasel wrote:
The red one is a 318iS.... which has the M42 engine (16 valve twincam) as later fitted to the lard-arse e36 models.

It's not hugely powerful... after the few little tweaks it's had should be giving about 140-145 bhp. Not alot, but then it only weighs just over a ton, so it's not a huge problem. I'm a jessie tart and don't go that fast anyhow!

The beauty of this model is that it has better weight distribution than the 325i and is almost as quick... point to point it's prolly quicker... that's why they gat decribed as the 'poor mans M3' :)

Whatever engine it is its a properly nice example :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:25 am
thanks!!!

It's about to get even nicer as I'm all poised to spunk a load of cash on some more mods. JOY!!!

Offline Profile E-mail