<  Workshop  ~  mk1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 1137Location: Cheadle/Leamington SpaJoined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:00 am
I have probably go tmy hands on another mk1 astra for the price of 30 notes, very very veyr bad condition even by my stds but if I were to carry out a miracle, anyone got ideas ona theme/style? I was thinking euro would be cool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:25 am
User avatarPosts: 2743Location: RUSTJoined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:00 am
slammed in the weeds, ronal turbo's, olive green matt paint, german plates, opel detailing, subtle german miltary markings. Sorted.

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:48 am
User avatarPosts: 1137Location: Cheadle/Leamington SpaJoined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:00 am
lol, I was thinking of something like this
http://www.mk1oc.com/forum/files/k0170_ ... er_181.jpg

but I don't know as I'd ever pull it off so to speak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:05 am
OllyTB wrote:
lol, I was thinking of something like this
http://www.mk1oc.com/forum/files/k0170_ ... er_181.jpg

well that's working for me!
do it! do it hard!!

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:36 am
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
I'm afraid Retro rides has got both Nick and me wanting everything in Nato green I'm afraid.

It's just sooooo right.

I think the style should suit the application really, what's your cars motivation luvvie?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:44 pm
One of the main reasons I'd like it on an Astra 1 / Kadett D is that they were used by military organisations across europe, as staff / radio cars, thus it's a bit 'authentic'....

The scirocco illustration above is always going to be a pastiche, but a Kadett can leave people wondering if it's the genuine article.

Twice in the last 6 months I have tried (unsuccessfully) to aquire genuine ex-military Kadett's.

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:02 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
You could write Kadett Cadet on the back and have a leaves in the window nets :cry:

Nato is the mustard at the moment FACT

Matt it hard!

On the flip side if the car is to be laundry lemon fresh on the show scene then the colour is essential to how the car will appear. I'd be tempted to gloss it old school with an original Mk1 colour, they did an odd king fisher green which looks nice. Non of this modern vauxhall colours and certainly not Subapoo Blue. Don't colour code everything either, keep the black trim contrast, don't fit the GTE kit but consider the arches.

That would be the euro direction but I would j-turn away from Ronals, Azev A's or any other cliche wheel. Nice yes, but way too fashionable to be cool at the moment. The Mk1 Astra looks best with proper wide track go-cart stance there's no doubt about that. What it needs are some geniune racing racing rims from the 80's. Cross spoke split rims with the middles black and outers polished.

Inside the enterior should be the old Mk1 stuff but with a new 2005 feel and a racing dash. Leather/Velour trimmed Recaro buckets with harnesses ready to go, roll cage with bolt in - bolt out door and center bars. Mp3 player upfront in a retrimmed modern influenced dash board. Carpet should be left in but modified with the footwell sections clipped in so they can be removed with grippy heel pad for the driver and bolt in foot rest for the passenger.

Coilover suspension with adjustable dampers so you can slam it and stiffen it for the track and raise it and soften it for the road.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 1497Location: Swindon, WiltsJoined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:00 am
oooooooh those cars make me wanna sex wee!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:16 pm
User avatarPosts: 234Location: Shropshire wayJoined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:00 am
Those wheels on the kadett are soooo sexual!

Do it.

Offline Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:48 pm
nice ideas dude! liking it, just need ot get the car, strip the shell to see how much mig wire is needed! once I've found a home fo r it or th egrey on