<  Workshop  ~  Spitfire Rebuild - From darkness to light...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:07 am
User avatarHulkaruthersPosts: 5017Location: London, The SouthJoined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:00 am
So my exhaust manifold will be that colour also - though you'll only see the top of it peeping out from underneath the black exhaust wrap.

The head (just found a REALLY good bloke to finish off the head for me - Paul Gardias) will be in the cast iron engine enamel - same colour as the MJLJ end plates - dark browny grey.

All hoses are going to be black... fuel hoses black braided. Brake/clutch lines are going to be stainless braided. Oil hoses black braided. Don't see the need for all this stainless myself - assuming you route stuff properly it shouldnt come in to contact with anything sharp.

Hopefully this will look like one nice engine bay.

Offline Profile E-mail WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:42 am
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Sounds lovely James. Going to be very dark by the sounds of things?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:46 am
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
I'm very interested in engine enamal at the moment. When the engine was rebuilt in mine someone painted it blue and I don't think the paint was right because it's all peeling off badly now. I want a dark enamal which effectively hides the block in the engine bay, I don't want to make a feature of it at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:54 am
User avatarHulkaruthersPosts: 5017Location: London, The SouthJoined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:00 am
Well it'll be set against a red bulkhead... and a Spit engine bay is pretty open - so its very bright and lit from underneath.

Surely you want to do your engine block Ford blue? Isn't that the typical colour?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:02 pm
Well typical or not I don't want it Ford blue. It's blue (well flaking blue) at the moment and I don't like it much.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 1137Location: Cheadle/Leamington SpaJoined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:00 am
how much would you want for the 4x4 shell and engine dude? I was trying to sell it earlier!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:08 pm
LOL

Once you've stripped what I want off it (and anything you fancy yourself like the aeroquip at the back) then I don't want anything for the shell and engine.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:57 pm
Chris - have you still got your ignition coil?

Does it look like the one in this photo:

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %3AIT&rd=1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:20 pm
No James it's an old Bosch K-Jet setup

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 1137Location: Cheadle/Leamington SpaJoined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:00 am
well I'll coin what I can for it then dude and I'll take a small cut then lol!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:27 pm
User avatarL33t n3rdPosts: 765Location: O-townJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
MWF wrote:
No James it's an old Bosch ok-Jet setup

Woooote! :bow:

Ja, das ist kontinuous Jetronic Injektionen.

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:33 pm
Alloy fettling this weekend...

The beginnings of a flange for an EWP - and a plate to mount the EDIS and MJLJ together.

I need to make another plate to sit underneath the EDIS - with lugs to mount the whole lot to somewhere under the dash.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:12 pm
Very cool James. Who's making the bits up?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:15 pm
Me?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:09 pm
No way.

You machined all that.

Mucho respect on the metal work Carruthers :bow: