<  Workshop  ~  'Barn' bodywork repairs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 2743Location: RUSTJoined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:00 am
Remember this? Cost me £51 off the bay. Got 12months ticket with ZERO effort, and now starting to tidy some bits:

YIKES!

Gettin' there!

Twat!

Pikey as you like!!!

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:31 am
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
LOL around 5 years ago I did almost exactly the same with my Cav, except in my case it went horribly wrong.

I do wanted to sort out the back arch and didn't do to bac a job appart from a: the paint looked like 500grit sandpaper when I finished and b: I'd painted up to the masking and left a huge dull square up the car.

I, oddly, decided to sand down the whole sode of the car leaving it looking like someone had attacked it with a scouring pad and ultimately making it look a lot worse.

I was all ready to take it to a bodyshop.

But then attacked it with some cutting compound and voila, fixed!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 895Location: (not-so) Sunny Stoke....Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:00 am
Yeah, rubbing compound works wonders on bad paintwork..... Been there, bodged that too!

Pog, aint you tempted to got for the hard-as-nails matt black paint job!?

Go on, you know you want too! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:08 am
Matt Black would be fairly cool.... but on this car I don't think it would work very well. Would just look that bit too PIKEY.

That said, I'm v. tempted to just laquer over the grey prima for snotty multi-coloured fun.
There's still a bit of rust busting to do, with surface pitting on both outer sills, a spot on the OSF wing, and a few scabs on the nearside, so more primer will be applied.

Need to decide on some wheel options too. This will be carried out next week [I]apres[/I] slamming (it's going down a coupla inches).

Options are:
Black steels (which I quite like, nice & ratty)
BBS cross-spokes
TSW Omega's

So far it's cost less than £100, including purchase. It's now got a years frrressshh ticket and will cruise well in excess of 100mph. Superb.

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:14 am
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
If you can find some large wide "I'm an American police interceptor" style steelies then do it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:48 am
Mmmm. Wonder where I can find some of those. Steels don't generally get much bigger than what's there at the moment. Unless I get some five-stud hub adapters that is..... :banana:

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:21 am
Well van wheels are where it's at!