<  General Chatting  ~  New Series Of Top Gear Tonight BBC2 8pm + James may bbc2/4 9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:28 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
I think most people are going to be a blend of all three but the amount would vary.

Offline Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:59 am
User avatarPosts: 143Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:44 pm
Bloody hell dude - you should be a psychiatrist or something, some very perceptive and insightful comments there, I think you summed up all three perfectly!

The only thing I'm not keen on is scripting TG too the nth degree, even the news section and the 'off the cuff' comments are obviously carefully scripted, and as a result it is starting to come off a little stale, they should entrust the bond and chemistry between the three and just let them loose - that's what rocketed TG's popularity. I just don't want them to become manufactured comedy characters, as that will soon become stale and formulaic, and will surely start a decline in popularity.

Personally I think the big cheeses are exploiting the three of them and merchandising the hell out of the show. Do a TG search on play.com or amazon and be prepared for the amount of sh*t you can buy!

I hope Hammond is intelligent enough to realise that his innocence and natural charm is what won him popularity in the first place, the crash just made more people aware of him, which rocketed his popularity. Maybe I'm just jealous of the female attention he gets. The git.

May, I think has things spot on, definitely the right career path and will become a long term household name across the nation, as you say, just like Stephen Fry.

Clarkson has undergone an image change of sorts, like you say I think the non-TG stuff he did in the past will not be done by him any more (apart from his annual, destined for the bargain bin, DVDs). He is more like an iconic cartoon/comedy character now, and will probably do more opinion-piece columns, collate them together as books and flog them to boost his already colossal bank balance from selling TG overseas. He can just sit back, do what he is doing now and watch the money roll in, and I for one don't blame him, he's a damn clever bloke and knows what the majority of the nation thinks and wants.

I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...
Offline Profile E-mail WWW