<  General Chatting  ~  AWBC I need your help

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 1558Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 4:00 am
Dear AWBC,
Im planning a BBQ on Saturday night with some of me buds. Current weather predictions are 15c and cloudy, could go sunny, could go rainy, any advice to prep for any such event would be greatly appreciated, also any suggestions of what to cook/bbq tips would be winner, the usual sausage, burger etc on a bbq is great, but your years of experience with varying food stuffs and general BBQ knowledge would be muchos helpful.

Yours faithfully,

CS

K thnx bai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:01 pm
User avatarBiggest Nappy EvaPosts: 6922Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
How about we actually prepare some semi-posh shit before-hand? What type of BBQ are we thinking, disposable or proper barbi?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:16 pm
User avatarItsukiPosts: 4790Location: TeanJoined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:00 am
CS,

First of all on behalf of both myself and my fellow co-founder Scott, I'd like to thank you for feeling that you can come to the AWBC for help.

As far as your BBQ foodstuffs go, I would suggest a trip to www.365BBQ.com where you can check out all our past culinary experiments (aside from the last 3 or 4 which will be added soon!). If you like something in particular and don't feel the website gives you enough info then ask away here and I'll do my best to fill in the gaps. A favourite which springs to mind straight away however would be inverted cheeseburgers, where you follow a standard burger recipe but place a Babybel in the middle of the patty...

If attempting any of the AWBC foodstuffs I would suggest using a standard BBQ, though some can be done on a disposable with enough skill.

Dawson, on behalf of The AWBC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 1558Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 4:00 am
Dear Dawson of the AWBC,

Many thanks for your informative reply, the babybel in burger is genius, and exactly the kind of response I was hoping for.

The BBQ hardware available is the traditional disposable BBQ from any near good retailer on naverage about 2.50 a go. On the other side of things the Mrs is turning up with a 'standard' metal home BBQ she nicked from her sis (about foot and a half wide), on the beastly end of things I have my years old much loved metal bin, 4 years running and still going strong, here this simple metal bin with abit of wood and paper to get her going can produce temperatures high enough to melt glass, while the grill is held far enough away from the embers to not instantly evaporate any food stuffs on there, its been shown to cook fast, while not leaving things cold in the middle and not charring things on the outside. The down side to it is, it requires vast amounts of fossil fuels to run, at least 4 large bags of charcol a night due to its massive hunger, really doesnt get a high rank in terms of GPH (grilling per hour), while the little disposable will cook for nearly 2 hours on a handful of charcoal.

Food stuffs: I shall check the 365bbq website and peruse its many food suggestions,

Thanks again AWBC you have reached many people beyond your boarders, even as far as wales,

CS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 307Location: Stoke-on-TrentJoined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:00 am
Babybel in a burger!!!!

Utterly splendid!

:bow:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:05 am
User avatarPosts: 143Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:44 pm
Goddaaayyymmmn I want a piece of that Babybel Burger action!!!

I am in food heaven over here guys - Chili's is fast becoming my new favourite restaurant chain, and they have Johnny Rocket's over here!!!!! I cant wait to try, after the glowing reviews given by my man-food cohort Chris!

I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...
Offline Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:08 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
OH MY GOD

They have a Johnny Rockets.... I'm on my way!!!!

Chili's smelled so good when we went, but we only tried the Chili and not much else. Need to go back.

Other American brands worth keeping an eye open for is Olive Garden, Joes Crab shack and Longhorn. You already know my passion for Denny's.

Offline Profile E-mail WWW