<  General Chatting  ~  You Could Fry an Egg on That!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:38 pm
User avatarItsukiPosts: 4790Location: TeanJoined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:00 am
MWF wrote:
Does it crash, no. Can you BBQ on it while working, yes! What's your f**king problem Lordson!!!

Am I to take notice of this when it comes from someone who successfully toasted his PC? Even ripping out the wires to the audible warning!? That's like unplugging your wireless as "CQD" comes over the airwaves from the Titanic :P

Processor useage does seem to go up quite a lot (Ended up using Core Temp to monitor otherwise I might've noticed the correlation) and I found a couple of forum posts on the tinternet about DW CS3 just burning away at the CPU. As soon as I fire it up I can watch the temps start to climb, and as soon as I shut it the temps plummet... wierd!

Going to monitor the situation for a bit but right now I'm on 37/38 and steady so I'm guessing DW was at fault... Anyone recommend another programme?! :cry:

Will still do some spray airing when I pop the new disc in though... might as well...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:20 pm
User avatarItsukiPosts: 4790Location: TeanJoined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:00 am
Uninteresting update!

Whipped one of the panels off the bottom of the laptop tonight with isopropyl alcohol and "Ceramique" Arctic Silver in hand... Between the fan and the heatsink was a thin film of dust blocking about half the fins off so got rid of that and then cleaned up and reapplied some thermal compound to the processor...

Seems to have done the trick; the fan isn't blaring out as much anymore and at rest I am down to 33 degrees... ZOMGZ!

Will maybe test it out a bit later with a game, but it all seems rosy so far...

Thanks again for all the tips anyway!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 587Location: Stanton / DerbyshireJoined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:00 am
Glad you got it sorted Daws!