<  General Chatting  ~  SNOWZORS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:54 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
OK so I suck at landscape stuff but here are our snowz, hope you have some too. Jeep + Mud Tyres + Downhill = Sledge BTW. Watery bit at the end is a local ford 'not suitable for vehicles' yellow man was a delivery driver scoping it out to turn his van round in. First time I drove this ford was during floods and I thought I'd taken a wrong turning up a river. The lanes round here are ace today, woman had to do a u-turn in front of me, wound her window down and started to say "That guy says it's really icey down there... erm actually looks like you'll be OK" - Yeah lady I has a Jeep. Joey fell over, horse ate tripod, glove covered in horse poo. OMG epic wet lens fail. Oh and check out the Kestrel we spotted hovering for prey, we parked pretty much under it, I got out and it buggered off, Kestrels love Jeeps but not people?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:13 pm
Posts: 587Location: Stanton / DerbyshireJoined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:00 am
lol, looks like much fun was had. I'm off this week studying, thought about getting out in the snow earlier, but I really can't afford the time atm! Damn it...... Looks like you have had quite a lot down there. We have a dusting, with a few heavy showers now and then. Good to see some pics with snow!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:17 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
It's on its way up to you guys :)

And it's still going here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:38 pm
User avatarItsukiPosts: 4790Location: TeanJoined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:00 am
AWESOMEZ!!!!!

Am hoping it holds out till tomorrow so I can do some proper frollicking in the daylight. Had a "Oh Shit, what have I done, and this isn't even my car" moment taking The Lupo down the lane that runs behind the Izaak Walton, under the A50 and comes out at the top of Totmonslow. In the end the dodgy-tyred Lupo started to outrun some bint in a Freelander (!!!) and I had to pull over and let her mince off so I had plenty of run up room.

Gutted I can't go play in the Jag but am thinking that's a good thing... 2 tonne auto death sled FTUL. Just hoping Scott gets back from Keele alive in his BMW... :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:40 pm
If it snows tomorrow come see your dad Dawson.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:44 pm
If it snows tomorrow the only way I'll get to see my dad is if he appears riding on the crest of a snow wave into Tean :P

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:47 pm
I'm not surfing all the way up to Tean to just have you look blankly at me and say "Oh I said I'd go to Katies and watch the IT Crowd today, It'll probably snow again soon".

No sir

You trek down here in the Jag and earn your reward.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 1558Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 4:00 am
Quote:
Jeep + Mud Tyres + Downhill = Sledge BTW.

lmao, love it, looks awesome fun in the jeep, take it you were bombing it around :D, and of course, what cam were those shots taken on ? lol Got me a Panasonic LX3 on the way, should be here 2moz, yay.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:53 pm
Those are taken with the 450D and standard lens, should have saved myself the hassle and taken the G-unit really.

Can bomb around in the Jeep uphill but turning and downhill it's pretty scary, the mud tread just catches all the snow, crushes it and they turn into slicks. You have to give it some to clear the tread.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:06 pm
MWF wrote:
I'm not surfing all the way up to Tean to just have you look blankly at me and say "Oh I said I'd go to Katies and watch the IT Crowd today, It'll probably snow again soon".

No sir

You trek down here in the Jag and earn your reward.

LoL, IT Crowd is all done now :P

Trekked back from Scott's and it feels like it's disappearing already... if it doesn't give it some tonight it will look like that shit half-snow-half-bleugh by tomorrow... most disappointing!

You know the Jag is disabled at the moment, otherwise I probably would come down. Can't put up with an hour of Lupo gear grumble though :cry:

... It'll snow again soon anyway... :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:37 am
Still plenty of snow here with more forecast to arrive.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:52 am
No snow overnight and it looks like it's melting here already :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:58 am
Stop winging you utter Mary.

Were you out there in the thick of it? Were you were you? Were you patrolling the streets with your CB on, waiting for the call?

No you were lording it around, complaining about it, probably on a Lupo owners forum.

Turner was out there, lawlessly thrashing around putting our NHS taxes in dire risk.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:43 pm
I was out on the Wentlows with Scott and his shepherds crook lantern ACTUALLY! Was trying to take photos huddled under the Jag umbrella... they were all EPIC FAIL but at least me and Scott looked the part, me squinting through a slit made with my Buff and him in his Russian hat...

I knew Turner would be out in it... I hope he was Volvay-on-Weaver-Hill-esque in his "I won't get stuck" mentality...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:11 pm
Dawson wrote:
I was out on the Wentlows with Scott... huddled under the Jag umbrella... mmmm Scott looked the part mmmm Buff... him in his Russian hat...

Vaseline toting ring lord