<  General Chatting  ~  SNOWZORS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 1558Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 4:00 am
Talking of snow driving, WHAT THE FUCKS WRONG WITH HALF THE UK WHEN THERES A TINY BIT OF SNOW

Seriously was driving to work this mornin (still not well btw) and some fuck tard was driving on a fully gritted tarmac road, so wet tarmac, like it was raining, with some snow ON THE SIDES OF THE ROAD ON THE PAVEMENT, at 15 M P F H !! what in flying fuck is wrong with people some snow is 6 ft from there car, and they have to drive at a 15 in a 60, there was a massive tail back.

THEN to top of the moronic behavior, the ONLY section of road (at the top of a hill) with SOME slush and abit of snow between the wheels, ....they slow down to near stopping UPHILL, ya know, where ya'd want to keep a sensible momentum going..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: fuck tard, really, I was driving at 30 on an untouched freshly snowed country lane before hitting the main road, perfectly safetly, and I braked hard and didnt skid, oddly enough a 1.5 ton car pushed the snow out from under the tyres (there really was THAT LITTLE snow)

/rant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:45 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Cause you have skinny tyres see, more pressure through the snowz ftw.

The snow turns us all into mongs, there are those people who drive too fast and kids playing in the road wtf. Mind you I once sledged all the way down that steep hill on the brookhouses estate in Cheadle at about 20mph, Pies was there too, we where in his Cavalier.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 1558Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 4:00 am
that was the thing, the car drivin slow was a punto, its tyres were half as wide as mine, even my 306 had much fatter tyres than the morons car, pleh if I see them again ill shout in there general direction.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:04 pm
User avatarItsukiPosts: 4790Location: TeanJoined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:00 am
MWF wrote:
The snow turns us all into mongs...

True that. On my way down the Izaak lane last night I passed a couple in a Volvo XC90 who had clearly bottled it despite having a 4x4 and were turning round in a tiny freshly-snowed-on uphill driveway surrounded by rockeries and gateposts and opposite an 8 foot wall which looms up from the edge of the lane, all the time spinning wheels like nobody's business. Genius.

I'm sorry my wanders up to the Wentlows aren't man enough for you Walley, but I'm not sure the guy who has to proclaim his manliness to the world by driving round snow covered roads in an overtly butched-up 4x4 can mock my "lording" around? :cry: :razz:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:20 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
I wasn't proclaiming my manliness Dawson, I was out there protecting the people. A veritable fountain of generosity to my fellow man I am, I chose not to hide under an umbrella and play boy scouts like you instead taking time away from my own business to brave the elements and try and sort out the whole bloody mess that cost the country a billion.

I can just see you all wrapped up warm in your little Lupo listening Hed Kandi "Tee hee teh Volvo has teh spinz!" did you help? Did you offer the slightest of assistance? I would have immediately sped into action radioing in via the CB on channel 9 to say I was attending the issue, sectioning off that section of the road with my beacon lights then approaching the bewildered couple with my 8 tonner rope, banging on the window "Where's your towing eye!? Put yer window down! Stop crying!" Then after lashing said Volvo to the Jeep I would recover the vehicle with only the bare minimum of cosmetic damage to it, the driveway, a few gardens and the wall before disappearing in the sunset.

Hows that for ya Dawson, manly enough for ya!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:30 pm
I'm glad you;d have kept the damage to a minimum in that rescue attempt :cry:

Surely you should shun them though? For having a 4x4 and bottling it before some kid in a Lupo (stupid or otherwise) had even thought about turning back? At that point in the lane it wasn't even that bad!

Hed Kandi?! Eek! My Radiohead CD conveniently "disappeared" from the Lupo so I don't listen to anything anymore... I'm not sure about warm and snug either, I had the window down full to get in touch with nature/bail quickly if it all went wrong :cry:

If only I was 1/16th of the man you are though Walley... *sigh*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:53 pm
I don't shun people in need Dawson, I force my help upon them and only ask for their unwavering lifelong admiration in return.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:56 pm
MWF wrote:
I don't shun people in need Dawson, I force my help upon them and only ask for their unwavering lifelong admiration in return.

And they all have to do is put their lives, vehicles and property in your hands?! You are a saint my man, a SAINT!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:00 pm
Well I wouldn't want to blow my own trumpet, but yeah I akin myself to a saint.

Seems you were happy to receive my assistance when I pushed your spitfire all the way up my road backwards.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:04 pm
How dare you even suggest my Spitfire was in need of assistance! A bastion of reliability was that car! Until the two times it tried to kill me by shedding it's suspension... and when it went into hibernation because it was rotten...

When was that?! I swear you are an elephant. Or you have the brain of one at least... or just have a good memory... What were we talking about?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:08 pm
I even have a video!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:13 pm
Bring it!!!

*wonders if he should post his near death experience Spit vid*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:13 pm
Erm well had a video prior to the phone in the washing machine incident.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:17 pm
AH HA! I HATH CALLED YOU OUT!

The Spitfire's impeccable reputation stands, and I shall refute your claims of breakdownery thus!

Phone in the washing machine!? Ouch...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:22 pm
Lucky escape boy Dawson