<  General Chatting  ~  **Breaks down into emotional fit of ecstatic laughing**

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 1558Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 4:00 am
1408 code errors, 5 months of noob vs advanced java, and we have come down to:

Quote:
Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\Ben\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\jge\build\classes
Compiling 381 source files to C:\Documents and Settings\Ben\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\jge\build\classes
C:\Documents and Settings\Ben\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\jge\src\roboleague\AugmentedRobocodeEngine.java:398: cannot find symbol
symbol : class BrowserLauncher
robocode.util.BrowserLauncher.openURL(url.toString());
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
1 error
BUILD FAILED (total time: 4 seconds)

1 ERROR, 1 left to go, 1, 1 I tell you,
:cry: :cry: :cry: (these are tears of joy) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Notice the 381 source files created for me AI routines

:cry:

Lets see what happens....about to initiate skynet,haha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 1558Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 4:00 am
Not sure if anyones into AI routines and such like,but ill report in anyways. The above 'nearly finished' problem, was the start of a whole other pile of problems, so finally now, its working as intended.

So with help and guidance from experts I've managed to write evolutionary code for Java, its been a fair uphill struggle from 0 to this in a year, hardest thing ever done :( .

Anyways, below is a link from a 22 robot, 1000 round, 10th and 11th generation 'fight' between 19 evolved robots and 3 human programmed robots.

http://www.benwalker.aquiss.com/bots/22comps_and_1000_rounds.html

The file linked to is automatically generated into a html and xml file which I then obviously use for statistical analysis. Its a modded version of 'roboleague' that does this, its changed to take evolved code and auto import into robocode and execute and return data, import 'winning' robots into the next gen and generate more players.

So from that, G11Ind8, G10Ind8, G11Ind5's 'children' will be selected as a starting point for generation 12 and will mutate onwards, and so on, only takes seconds to mutate so could do hundereds of generationns per day.

Just some insight into AI and who knows, thousands of years down the line, perhaps the start of skynet, haha :mrgreen: