<  General Chatting  ~  So whos getting GTA4?

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:10 am
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Cool, no I've not played it and probably wont for a long time yet, really looking forward to it though.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:24 am
User avatarPosts: 307Location: Stoke-on-TrentJoined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:00 am
I'm still firmly ungripped by it, as is one of the chaps from work. Maybe we're just both gay or something :cry:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:42 pm
User avatarPosts: 1558Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 4:00 am
Nath wrote:
I'm still firmly ungripped by it, as is one of the chaps from work. Maybe we're just both gay or something :cry:

Have you tried it online dude? with some mates?

Offline Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 307Location: Stoke-on-TrentJoined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:00 am
I've had one multiplayer sesh with a mate and must admit that was indeed fun. The SP campaign is more of a chore at the moment, maybe it'll get interesting later on.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:12 pm
cool, add us to your xbox live account: combatsquirrelX and ill give u a game sometime ? with leggit ?

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:16 pm
User avatarPosts: 1497Location: Swindon, WiltsJoined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:00 am
its ETT, not IT on the end combat :P

I love this game. knobbing about in a helicopter = ace face. got a picture of the statue of happiness on my (in-game) mobile, very nice :)

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:21 am
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Had a go of this at the weekend. Will certainly be getting a copy for the PC when it comes out but it certainly didn't make me want to run out and get a PS3 or XBox.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:11 am
Its one of those games that you have to spend 3/4 hours playing, [I]and then[/I] it becomes awesome, was at jimys with it at the weekend, his reaction at 1st was, meh its alright, and then after a while he was like, actually this is great

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:15 am
Just felt like the last GTA to me, great game but sadly the improvements seem to revolve mainly around the graphics while many of the old problems are still there, some are even worse.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:57 am
User avatarPosts: 1497Location: Swindon, WiltsJoined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:00 am
the phone being your main contact with the world is a great idea, I love it. also, I'm currently rutting a lawyer chick, if I'm getting chased by the 5-0, I can give her a bell and she gets rid of the wanted level for me. good girl :D

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:48 pm
The phone I like, other things I like include the rag doll effects on people hitting your car, the blood splattering, going through the windscreen, no loading times going into buildings, distance based wanted level.

Things I don't like include:

Car physics - Don't know how they have managed to take a backwards step here but they have. Using the handbrake really brings out the worst of it.

Walking by default - I mean how often do you ever need to walk in this game.

Stopid monging x10 - Get out your car to run away and you sometimes stop running against the door, just one example of many.

Samuri spirit police - Still driving head on into you and other traffic.

GPS - Wow, thanks for totally dumbing it down Rockstar. Was I the only person who enjoyed working out how to get somewhere and learning your way around?

Magic objects - Hit a lampost at speed and you crash through it, hit a small sign and you stop dead.

I could go on and on of course.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:21 pm
OK now have PS3 and GTA4 (plus big TV). Started playing it this weekend, typical of GTA it frustrates the hell out of me yet keeps pulling me back in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:25 pm

And you got a PS3 ? How dare you !!!!! (I've not at all been thinking about one recently, because I love wipeout),

How is the console ? you like/dislike about it ?

GTA4 is pretty good now I've played it to death, get dead space though, fucking awesome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:27 pm
User avatarItsukiPosts: 4790Location: TeanJoined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:00 am
MWF wrote:
OK now have PS3 and GTA4 (plus big TV). Started playing it this weekend, typical of GTA it frustrates the hell out of me yet keeps pulling me back in.

*Immediately starts to plan a trip to Perton for some GTA murderin' ont big telleh*

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:37 pm
combatsquirrel wrote:

How is the console ? you like/dislike about it ?

GTA4 is pretty good now I've played it to death, get dead space though, fucking awesome

Yeah Mike Helm, Sue, my dad and me all have PS3's now. There's not much to dislike, I guess I don't like having to trigger the controllers every time I switch it on and almost everything wanted to download updates when we first used them.

Something that is cool is the free Playstation Home environment which is like second life, at the moment there's an alternative reality game going on which has loads of puzzles to solve.