<  General Chatting  ~  Anyone Into Gardening

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:32 pm
User avatarItsukiPosts: 4790Location: TeanJoined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:00 am
I have to say the decking looked of terrifyingly large proportions until you put the posh table and chairs on; now it looks just right :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:36 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Dawson wrote:
I have to say the decking looked of terrifyingly large proportions until you put the posh table and chairs on; now it looks just right :D

Thanks, it's surprisingly hard to get things like that right. There was a concern we'd loose too much garden and it would look silly but then the way I saw it was if there's going to be a table and chairs on there people need enough room.

I think it's nearly exactly a third of the garden, good old rule of thirds.

Still lots to do though :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:17 pm
User avatarJoeyannePosts: 6454Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:00 am
Yeah it looked loads better once the bullstrade (sp?) was put up too, before that it did look huge. I have been surprised at how little garden it has actually taken over, just shows what a waste of space that space was before the decking.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:20 pm
User avatarDr. SuelittlePosts: 1596Location: CheadleJoined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:00 am
Joey wrote:
Thanks Sue, when we're a bit more sorted and the weather is nicer you'll have to come round one evening. :)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

and drink some nice wine.

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:33 pm
User avatarJoeyannePosts: 6454Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:00 am
Sue wrote:
Joey wrote:
Thanks Sue, when we're a bit more sorted and the weather is nicer you'll have to come round one evening. :)

Definitely, I could do with some wine at the moment! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:48 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Sue wrote:
Joey wrote:

Well we have a spare bed now!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 818Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:00 am
seeing I've built a device for storing water during periods of no rain, and chris has built a device for enjoying the sunshine, we can be soley blaimed for the bad weather :cry: :drool:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:47 pm
User avatarBiggest Nappy EvaPosts: 6922Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
lol @ coop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:18 am
:cry: :cry:

Too right Coop!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 1558Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 4:00 am
Just been getting more into the old gardening recently, well not gardening per say, I've no garden :mrgreen: , however plants, stuff etc for conservatory recently.

Today got me 2x honey suckle wall climbers, abit of trellis, pot, compost etc.

The plan is to have a wall climber kind of around the left side and top of the kitchen window that looks into the conservatory, the conservatory has fast become my fav room in the house now since I put 2 sofas in there and a little coffee table (with help of drunkern jimy and co friday night!), want to make it nice summery room, sofas, chillout, hidden speakers for chilled mukin and plenty of greenery in there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:54 pm
Sounds nice Ben, some visible plants will really help in a room like that.

Joey and me bought a load more plants on Sunday, the nice weather has been a bit of a kick up the bum to get things sorted.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:00 pm
User avatarBiggest Nappy EvaPosts: 6922Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Conservatory was always the room with the most potential dude, it's just you had a lot of clutter in there. Nice to see finally making good on the clean it up intentions, its ace in there now. Bit of plantage will help a lot too.

Natural Light(TM) - I loves it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:25 pm
Here we go, yay! :)

Image[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:39 am
Cool so they are inside. Looks like a nice peaceful room to chill out in.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:51 pm
Slowly getting there now:

Image\

In the corner where there is a small phone table desk I plan to have a Japanese water feature, and then try and slowly turn it into a kind of chilled Japanese indoor water garden/Japanese garden.

At the moment it has interesting plants that are capable of surviving my garden noobness, nice and chillin though :)