<  General Chatting  ~  How We Built Britain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:20 am
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Anyone see Cheadle on How We Built Britain with David Dimbleby last night?

Was disappointed not to see Daws come past in the Spit to be honest.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:00 pm
User avatarBiggest Nappy EvaPosts: 6922Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Didn't watch it, though I did think about it.

Anyone seen any Last Man Standing?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:07 pm
User avatarItsukiPosts: 4790Location: TeanJoined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:00 am
Not turned up on TV links or TVRSS yet, but I'll keep an eye on it; wasn't Coast on before it, I'm sure I watched that and then for some reason stopped watching TV...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:22 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
It was ace.

As was the town fair thing in Yorkshire presented by Tichmarsh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:56 am
User avatarPosts: 2363Location: ManchesterJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Spoeaking of spits I saw 2 red on sat morning on the m6 about 7-8in the morning going north and another going south probably mid afternoon about 2-4pm anyone?

couldnt tell you the exact location as I was going billing at was up at half 5 so had no interest in where I was more where I was going

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:06 am
I think it was the Triumph Sports Six show this weekend?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:10 am
User avatarPosts: 2363Location: ManchesterJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
I thought id finally spotted someone :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:45 am
User avatarPosts: 1558Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 4:00 am
Matt Wilcox wrote:
Anyone seen any Last Man Standing?

Indeed, awesome program, you watch it last night ? endurance,looked like the most painful thing ever, brad the big tough guy suffered majorly, but the endurance guy was 1st out as he got shin splints :cry: well good watch though. Sent u a PM jimy!

Offline Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:22 am
User avatarHulkaruthersPosts: 5017Location: London, The SouthJoined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:00 am
Indeed it was the TSSC show at Stafford... an all but dead show now... amazing how the thing can decline sooo quickly. 3/4 years ago it was totally packed and you would have seen hundreds of cars on the M6 - now about 5 people turn up.

The reports from last years show were bad enough - don't know why anyone even bothered to show up for this years.

Offline Profile E-mail WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:37 am
Crikey James that's a shame isn't it? Any idea what killed it off? I know the parking at the showground is pretty poor?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:21 am
User avatarHulkaruthersPosts: 5017Location: London, The SouthJoined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:00 am
Classic Le Mans clashed last year - so most people went off to that (like... hundreds of cars)

Where would you rather be? In a county showground looking at some parked cars or sunning it up in France watching lots of lovely machinery thundering by? They couldn't move the date for fear of losing that weekend and essentially losing their slot.

TSSC was originally made up of lots of 20 year olds back-in-the-day - now they've all grown up with children and don't have time and can't spare a weekend for a show. The show just got very stale - people don't want to do the same things as they did in their 20s...

Parking is fine at the Showground - everyone parks on the grass.

Doesn't bother me as I can't stand the shows anymore... least of all TSSC people... it's run by idiots now...

Offline Profile E-mail WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:42 am
I see