<  General Chatting  ~  Combats Potato Thread(Seems everyones posting theres up !:D)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:30 am
User avatarBiggest Nappy EvaPosts: 6922Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
If she's serious about being a model she needs to work on her expressions and "acting". Deadpan is only one tool in a models repertoire. It'd be lovely if she could get a job where she only had to use one expression and no real body-postures, and it'd be wonderful if I could get a job doing only what I liked to do too, but it don't work that way.

Serious != 'deadpan'. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:17 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
She wants to be a professional model?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:23 pm
She's already been in Vogue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:49 pm
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Vogue has a readers wives section now?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 587Location: Stanton / DerbyshireJoined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:00 am
Very unfortunate about the flash mate. I like the idea behind some of them. I must say the underwear one did nothing for me at all. You have used the warmth from the early morning? to your advantage, but they look a little flat and as Jimi has mentioned I don't feel anything from the model. I guess it was cold which wouldn't of helped.

I would say the two in the woods are best, you have something there, I think witha gold reflector or some fill they would have been a little more balanced and have a little more punch. As you are also aware they are a little oof especially noticable as you are usually drawn to the eyes, try and keep them sharp where possible.

1> A nice landscape with the light rays showing well. I keep looking at it and thinking if only you had got closer to the ground, you would have pulled the three tiers of the picture closer together resulting in a more pleasing composition. For me the image is too spaced out the sky is fine, but I have issues with the shinee sea area where the water has pulled back and the stoney area. If they were just a little tighter I think it may have worked better. A nice dynamic range is there though.

2>Probably my favourite out of the model shots. Lovely warm colours, her pose is quite good but I don't like her right arm down by her side like that. Its a little oof as you can tell. The light is a little too harsh causing too much shadow, also the two trees to the left of the image distract focus from the model. some fill lighting would have helped. Like the choice of coat, the pattern helps define her a little.

3>Has more depth too it, quite soft lighting, but would have been better with a gold reflector to give some warmth. A tad too tigher crop for my liking. The goose pimples on her arm are quite noticable, the underwear does nothing for that shot.

4> As above similar comments. She seems quite unrelaxed and a little rigid. The light is a little harsh and the tree destract. Her darker side merges too much.

5>With the B&W conversion there is more contrast now, some fill light to define her from the background a little and maybe even a rim / hair light would have given the photo a kick, as it stands she is too flat and the dullness and her expression don't work too well.

There seem to be a couple missing, If I remeber rightly the underwear one was not my cup of tea at all. The idea of rim light from the sun seemed to work, but you went for a full body shot rather than a headshot which would have worked better. These are by now means utter rubbish. I find the model fairly miserable and her poses static and rigid. Just my two penneth. Keep trying like you say. I'm by no means any sort of expert just trying to convey my thoughts. See you at the weekend!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:42 pm
User avatarPosts: 1558Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 4:00 am
One from today:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:20 pm
As title, Long Time Dead (mates band) playing in staffs Friday night, a small selection of the 80 or so I got :).

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:54 am
Not done much nude stuff before (although have done nearly nude), just a couple of black and white shots here, natural light.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:48 pm
Nice dude, prefer the pose on the first, get's a bit of Helen's face in, and it hints a bit at a "I know you're looking, I want you to see" attitude, where-as the second is a little less involved :)

Also, love the gecko tat' :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:03 am
Well with a few weddings cropping up, and forever borrowing the clubs flash, I've been pondering a flash for ages, but it was never really top of my list, additionally I was waiting to see what jimys experiences were with his flash, and what not, so I bidded my time until abit of a bargain came along, today picked up a MecaBlitz 58 AF-1 for 185 delivered, not a canon flash I hear you say ! I know, abit out of left wing, but after reading up on it, and chatting to me uncle (photography lecturer dude), he reckons certain metz flashes are pretty damn snazzy, and this one supports all the functions of the 580EX2 (which it was made to compete with) along with a few others, USB port for firmware updates and such.....general consensus is it does a few things better than the 580mk2, some things worse, one being not as weather proof as the 580. But hey if its in the same ball park as the 580mk2 and is 185 delivered, cant really go wrong. No doubt ill give it a mini review upon delivery.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:30 pm
I'll be interested to hear what you think of it, I've been looking at it too for the same reasons. Thinking of ditching the American import manual flash I got.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:31 pm
So far impressions are, not -quite- as well built as the 580EX2, it has a cool sub flash built in the front, it seems to work better with the 40D, for example (it maybe just the light) the 580 would over expose on a shot, where it seems to be getting it bang on with this flash, poss metz's own working of TTL2, also it seems to cycle faster, this flash is keeping up with the 40D on 6.5fps mode until the camera fills the buffer, and obviously keeps up with it when the camera slows down, to the point where I got board taking pics of the same thing at least.

When I've used it more in depth ill let u know.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:58 pm
No idea if I posted these shots b4:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 143Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:44 pm
Iphone/Itouch remote cable release function for Canon cameras!!!

http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=38

A novel idea!

I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...
Offline Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:14 am
User avatarPosts: 143Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:44 pm
Hi Guys

Sorry, I know I posted something similar a while ago, but I couldn't find where I posted it.

I have been given the thumbs up by the boss to source and price up a basic, but good koala-tea camera kit so we can start to do photography in-house.

No need for product photography, it will either be office/personnel, or on-site at bases, yards, warehouses, oil rigs etc. I was thinking of a basic kit bag containing a decent DLSR, one or two lenses to cover the main types of photography I will be covering, a decent speedlight, and good tripod, perhaps a basic second one for off-camera flash.

Tripods and bags I am okay with, its just advice on a good all-rounder DLSR (not entry level) - best on the market under 1000 quid, plus the best lense options to go for. Also a speedlight, as I am unfamiliar with ranges outside of Nikon.

If anyone can make any suggestions/recommendations then I am all ears, so I can price it up this weekend (fri-sat for me) and hopefully buy early next week.

Cheers!

I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...
Offline Profile E-mail WWW