<  General Chatting  ~  Combats Potato Thread(Seems everyones posting theres up !:D)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:56 am
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
john-dubya wrote:
its just advice on a good all-rounder DLSR (not entry level) - best on the market under 1000 quid, plus the best lense options to go for. Also a speedlight, as I am unfamiliar with ranges outside of Nikon.

Let me you do your photography, for £65ph I'll turn up with a cutting edge D70 and a flash I don't know how to use. Don't worry though because I've got a guy who's a whiz with potatoshop and he's happy to make all my underexposed blurry shots look good.

Lets not waste time here, you'll want to stick with Nikon:

Nikon D90 with 18-105 - £800
Sigma 10-20 - £390
Nikon SB900 - £329

Offline Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:12 am
User avatarPosts: 143Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:44 pm
Me-ow!!!! But true (sigh of despair at what we had to endure in the past)

Yep, think I will stick to Nikon, those options sound about perfick, but I've read that the d90 is pretty much a d80 with video function, and I'm not bothered about video really?

Sigma lense eh? I like.

Cheers dude!

I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:23 am
Nikon D90 with 18-105 - check!
Nikon SB900 - check!
Sigma 10-20 - out of stock (sobs), same story with the Nikon 12-24
Polarising Filter - check!
Shit-hot tripod - check!
Happy - check!!!!

What a piece of kit the SB900 is - and what a size!!!!!! I got some reading to do to get to know my new set of toys! Felt a bit giddy blowing 1500 smackers of the company's money in one go!

Fingers crossed the boss lets me practice with it in my spare time to improve my skills and not let the thing sit and gather dust when not in use.

I will keep you posted of my development and post piccies when I can.

I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:50 am
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Great stuff, now that's a how a company should invest in it's resources :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:53 am
Here-here. It took me all of one lunchtime pricing up the shopping list and one email to the boss, before being presented with a wad of cash to go and buy what I wanted..........utter bliss.