<  General Chatting  ~  Jimi's Photo Thread

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:35 pm
User avatarBiggest Nappy EvaPosts: 6922Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
A couple from a walk down Froghall with my parents and little brother at the weekend:

And two self portraits now that my softbox kit arrived! yay! Fun times ahead :)

(please excuse the acting, a model I am not!)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:24 am
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Those are first class Jimi!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:28 pm
Thanks Chris :)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 1558Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 4:00 am
dapper sir dapper, good lighting also, softboxes clearly get great results :)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:58 pm
Thanks. It's all about the expensive equipment.

:cry:

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 1558Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 4:00 am
God damn I make a compliment and still get dissed, is LAW a massively elitist condescending place or have I got that totally wrong....I dunno maybe its just me....I was honestly going to say before reading that comment (that I thought of since earlier), the photo works more for me because you have abit of attitude in the picture and that 'look' more so than the lighting, but the lighting is also good. But of course you'll possibly spray the reply post with a 'smart' condescending reply trying to 'one up' anything I say, whats that about ? A little insecure ? Do you feel the need almost every time to slate anything im saying ?

It does get a little boring and I've tired of it in recent months, im getting mellow and enjoy just chilling in my old age, cant be bothered with endless 'tactics' people seem to play out against each other in life, not just here like, but in life.

*goes back to tending his conservatory garden :popcorn:

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 307Location: Stoke-on-TrentJoined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:00 am
combatsquirrel wrote:
God damn I make a compliment and still get dissed, is LAW a massively elitist condescending place or have I got that totally wrong....I dunno maybe its just me....I was honestly going to say before reading that comment (that I thought of since earlier), the photo works more for me because you have abit of attitude in the picture and that 'look' more so than the lighting, but the lighting is also good. But of course you'll possibly spray the reply post with a 'smart' condescending reply trying to 'one up' anything I say, whats that about ? A little insecure ? Do you feel the need almost every time to slate anything im saying ?

It does get a little boring and I've tired of it in recent months, im getting mellow and enjoy just chilling in my old age, cant be bothered with endless 'tactics' people seem to play out against each other in life, not just here like, but in life.

*goes back to tending his conservatory garden :popcorn:

Not sure what caused this brain-firework, did I miss something?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:22 pm
Went out last night with an idea for a shot in my head, unfortunately it didn't pan out right owing to a number of things.

I did get this shot of the sunset though:

And I re-visited this one. I can't decide if I like it or not, but thought I'd throw it up anyway. There's something not right about it, but I can't figure out where the weakness is.

Notes about the first sunset shot: I was a fucking clutz and forgot to check the ISO, so it's on 400, which on the 350D is pretty noisy. I intended to get a bit more motion-blur from the wave in the foreground, but didn't watch the shutter speed well enough. I'm not entirely convinced about the framing either, but the sun was rapidly vanishing and I didn't think it through in time.