<  General Chatting  ~  The MattWaddy Photography Thread:

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:03 pm
User avatarBiggest Nappy EvaPosts: 6922Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Am I right in thinking there's a grad filter on here? Or perhaps an off-camera flash? In both shots the foreground seems better lit than the far background.

I'm surprised these are the results of a quick test, they're pretty damn spot-on.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:52 am
User avatarCridaperPosts: 13970Location: WolverhamptonJoined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:00 am
Nice, I like the one of Kath but you're hamming the couple shot up Matt. I know this only too well from when I've done it!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:47 am
Posts: 587Location: Stanton / DerbyshireJoined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:00 am
You are correct in your observations Jimi, when I say a quick test, that was not entirely honest! Couple of lighting bits included :wink:

I stopped down the ambient in order to give a little more impact from a couple of off camera flashes. Camera right shoot through with a 3/4 CTO to imitate warm light from the direction of the sun, camera left a second flash 1/2 CTO gel to fill a little. Wanted to create a nice warm scene but still have the bluebells as a visual. Things were too distracting towards the back of the frame, so stoping down the ambient and using the flashes to light some of the foreground also. A third flash with a grid on was used on the pic of Kath just to place a nice catchlight in her eyes, can't really see it much at this res.

I've just noticed you have posted some pics so off to have a nosey!

@ Chris - Thanks mate, it wasn't my intention to be on any of the shots that day!